Advanced Placement Summer Institute
In collaboration with the College Board, FIU is pleased to offer the Summer Institute for teachers of Advanced Placement.
The AP® Summer Institute offers subject-specific professional development opportunities. It provides teachers with the support and training needed to teach AP® courses and to utilize Pre-AP teaching strategies. Teachers from around the world come together at these institutes to exchange ideas and information about AP® courses and exams.
FIU has signed an endorsement agreement with the College Board to ensure quality and consistency which includes the use of College Board-endorsed consultants and College Board materials. This AP® Summer Institute has been endorsed by the College Board.
Topics covered in summer institute sessions include:
- AP® courses: goals, objectives, content, resources, bibliographies, and equipment
- The AP® Examination: how it is developed and graded
- Syllabi, lesson plans, and assignments
- How to refresh and improve existing AP courses
- Recent changes in AP® Course Descriptions
- Strategies for teaching students at beginning or intermediate levels
- Vertical teaming